Saturday, February 4, 2012

How to help your Kid get over small fears

Ok Hello Blog Family-

So I am back again but now to talk about my little princess. About two weeks ago I went to visit a friend and her new pets, well my little girl was so upset she cried and cried. Even after the pets were put away. Well later that night she had a nightmare, it was the worst thing I ever seen. This was the first time I could not calm her down. She scream and cried " Mommy I scared , I don't like doggies, it's cats on my feet, get them off". After I walked her around the house to reassure her we have no pets she set up in bed for about 2hrs in shock. I turned on nick jr. let her dad and my boyfriend talk to her and after all of that she calmed down at 2:30am..GEeeezzzzus what am I told do.. Everyday for the pass week she has told me she is scared of these two pets, which is funny because we have a PIT BULL that is the biggest teddy bear and whom she loves and she goes to visit my dad and chases his fluffy cat. So my question is where did this fear come from? How can I show her she had nothing to fear? Did someone do something to my child? Well, maybe take her to the zoo, pet store, petting zoo??? Everyone said this was not a good idea. Well today I took little miss lady to pet smart and guess what!!! she was great. We started with the fish, I showed her they were in glass and couldn't hurt us.lol.. then that birds and she chirp as loud as she could, the mice and rats I was not to happy about and she was not interested. We got to the cats and dogs it was hard but she did it.. As Dora would say... "We Did It".. afterward she said she likes the fish and still scared of doggies..lol Well we can't win them all. So next week I will buy her a pet fish.. My little two year old princess is growing up. Some time the best way to help your kids with there fears is to let them meet the fear head on and take one step at a time to help them get over the little things.

Signed 30yr old mom with 2yr old that 5..lol

No comments:

Post a Comment